Most times, the webcam that comes with a modern laptop is sufficient for teletherapy. If you feel that you need to upgrade and purchase a separate webcam, we recommend the Logitech HD Pro C920.
Why do we like this webcam?
- On camera video processing. Your video needs to be processed in order to be sent over the internet. It takes resources to process your video. When the processing is performed on the camera’s hardware, it does not take the resources from your computer. This is a great feature to have, especially on slower computers.
- Automatic low light correction will make you look better while improving the quality of your video.
- Smooth video recording at 30 frames per second. This prevents jerky or jittery videos.
- High definition quality video recording at 1080p. Anything more is overkill.
- Automatic focus with face tracking technology will automatically keep you in focus.
- Stereo microphone provides better sound quality for your videos.
We looked at factors such as features, quality, and cost. This is not the most expensive webcam or has the most bells and whistles but it posses what you need to produce excellent results for teletherapy. Costing about $50 USD, in our opinion, it is the best overall webcam choice for teletherapy.